Everyone was so friendly and helpful. My cleaning was painless and quick. Great dental practice!
It was easy to get an appointment and the staff was so helpful. My teeth feel great and I'm smiling all the time.
Have a cold or the flu? While many people are stocking their medicine cabinet with cold and sick day supplies, don't forget to add a new toothbrush to your list.
Xerostomia is the medical term used for Dry Mouth, a condition that results from decreased salvia in the mouth, and puts many seniors at high risk for dental decay.
While it is important for diabetics to take good care of their hearts and their bodies, those suffering from this chronic condition cannot afford to ignore their teeth.
Please know the health and safety of our patients, staff and the members of our community is our top priority. In response to recent recommendations from the local government for limiting the spread of COVID-19, and the Nevada State Dental Board, we are implementing the following policies as we re-open under new procedures.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand and ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office.
• We are requesting patients and those accompanying patients to wear masks or face coverings.
• We will be limiting the number of people in our waiting room to our patients and one parent. Unfortunately, we will not allow siblings or additional children in our waiting area unless they have a scheduled appointment. We request parents or guardians of older patients, who do not require an adult to accompany them during their appointment, remain in their vehicle during their child's appointment.
• Upon arrival, a member of our team will take the temperature of anyone entering our office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
The Dentists’ Office remains committed to caring for you and your family. We are doing everything in our power to continue to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients and our community, and together we will get through this.
James P. Smerdon D.M.D.
Derek L. Johnson D.M.D.
Steven Calderwood, D.M.D.
1241 South Taylor Street
Fallon, NV 89406